Thursday, December 4, 2008



Peyton and Brooke (Cousins and my Grand-daughters)

Brooke just turned 13 and Peyton will be 13 in February. They are holding my neighbor's dogs.

About 12 years ago when Brooke was about to experience her 2nd Christmas and Peyton to experience her first Christmas I was inspired to write a song about being a Grand-Mother at Christmas time. Here are the words to that song and when I can technically figure out how to get a video on the blog I will sing it for you.

Please consider this a season's greeting from me.

"Santa's Coming Back To My House Tonight"

Christmas this year will not be the same -

Toys and a tree circled with a train -

Cookies and milk on the table tonight -

We're expecting someone before the early light -

It's been a long, long time since I've shopped for toys -

It's been a long, long time since I've heard the noise -

from the laughter of children that echos through -

our house of love because of someone new -

(Chours)

"Cause I'm a Grandma now, what a delight -

Santa's coming back to my house tonight -

'Cause I'm a Grandma now -

Oh what a sight! -

Santa's coming back to my house tonight -

Santa's coming back to my house tonight!

No comments: