Friday, January 16, 2009

Bar-bar-a Bring Me Some Hot Choc-o-late!


These were some of the items I received in a box for Christmas from my brother Sy and his wife Hollie
Over 25 years ago I visited my brother and he greeted me by saying " Bar-bar-a bring me some hot choc-co-late." Immediately I knew what he was talking about because I watched "The Twilight Zone" the night before. Through the years he has continued to greet me in that manner. He even made a home-made birthday card one year with "Bar-bar-a Bring Me Some Hot Choc-co-late" written on the front.
We were both fans of "The
Twilight Zone" and laughed many times about that episode.
It was a chilly night in Texas. Bob and I made some hot chocolate, popped some corn, placed the DVD in the player and snuggled on the couch and experienced once more the nostalgic episode of Mr. Simon from "The Twilight Zone". Thanks Sy and Hollie.

1 comment:

Maria said...

What a lovely story! What a lovely memory.