Sunday, January 9, 2011

Austin's Paper

The neat thing about being a Grandparent is to watch the growth and development of the grandchildren in all aspects. Yesterday we went to Austin's basketball game. He has not played basketball for a couple of years. We were amazed at his growth in confidence, skills and sportsmanship.
My daughter was going through Austin's school papers and ran across a paper which I copied and placed below. Austin recently turned 12 and I thought I would share his paper describing "What Makes a Family?" It is interesting to see his progress academically, spiritually and emotionally. And, it's really cute.

What Makes A Family?

My family has four people in it, my dad, my mom, my sister, and me. My Dad gives most of the punishment, but he is very cool. My Mom gives a lot of concern and protection. My Sister helps our with the dogs and chores. I, well... I pretty much do nothing.

My family loves holidays. We decorate the house, make good dinners and bake cookies. Love fills the house, music and jokes do too. Everybody always seems to be in a great mood. We have fun with all of our traditions.

Another thing is alone time. We like to have a night where we just have a dinner and watch movies together. And maybe play board games. We like the comfort of our home and the quiet. In time like those we are the best to each other.

The last reason would be love. It is the affection to each other. It is when you enjoy each other's company. It's when you want your family to be there.

So, what makes a family? It is love, holidays, and alone time.

When you have good people in your family you are truly lucky.

2 comments:

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

How precious! Joy and Bob have done a great job raising these kids. It's amazing how children sometimes see things so clearly!