Sunday, August 28, 2011

There was a hot air balloon coming up the lake this morning. I thought I would take a few pictures when it started lowering and coming toward my house. Oh no! I'm still in my skimpy gown. Remembering how my sister-in-law Angela landed on a street in a sub-division with people standing around and one lady in her robe with a towel wrapped around her head I headed upstairs to put some clothes on. What if it landed in the water, or in front of my house or even on my house! After quickly dressing I went back down stairs to see the balloon barely above the trees over my house and lowering rapidly. Then I went to the entrance of my house and didn't see it anymore. There is an open field not far from me and I hope that is where they landed. After triple digit temperatures for the past sixty some days with not doing much because it is just too hot, I will have to say that is the most excitement I have had for a while.

4 comments:

Joy said...

That is so cool! Brooke goes "that would have been funny if that was grandpa coming home". Ha ha!

Barb said...

Ha,ha! Five thousand miles would be an awefully long balloon ride.

Maria said...

LOL! Too funny! When John was a baby I took him upstairs to give him a bath while I had ratatouille cooking on the stove. Well, the oil from the pot boiled over and a huge flame shot up to the ceiling. When I heard it I came down, and all I could think of was wrapping John in a towel and heading out, while shouting for my neighbor to call 911. It wasn't until two fire trucks and a police car arrived that I realized I was soaking wet from giving John his bath and holding him against him before I had a chance to dry him. My clothes were plastered to me, and I looked a mess . . . and that's how I greeted the hunky firemen who insisted on checking out the house before they left.

Angela2932 said...

Fantastic! And I love the image of you being a balloon-chaser! Some day, we'll have to go for a ride together! I'm just going to pretend this is your own personal balloon (to go along with your own personal lake!)

Thanks for the memory of the balloons, and I had to go back and check for the photo with the woman in the towell. As you can see, she was quite pleased! http://mypixelatedoasis.blogspot.com/2008/10/day-278-seattle-and-1st-balloon-landing.html