Friday, December 9, 2011

Jane, Ben and Jake visited us in Texas this past spring instead of coming either Thanksgiving or Christmas as they do every year. This year for Thanksgiving most of our families either flew or drove to Chicago. We also celebrated John and Brooke's birthdays. John turned 40 and Brooke turned sweet 16.

Jane made arrangements for everyone to stay at a nearby resort. Bob and I stayed at Jane's. We drove up a little earlier to visit and help with dinners and celebrations. The resort was really nice with a pool, spa, sauna, bowling ally, golf course, and restaurant. This became a play ground for everyone to meet and do things together. The guys played golf a couple of times. We had a surprise 40th party for John in the bowling alley. That was a perfect idea and I will post pictures in the next few days of that event and other activities.

I love the banner that Jane had made showing John as a little boy and John now. The suit that John wore in the little boy picture was made by my Mother. She was a really good seamstress. It is funny how little things like that bring back the memory of my Mom who I miss so much.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I'm still upset I wasn't able to see you on this last trip! Boo hoo! It looks like you guys had a nice time!