Friday, August 17, 2012

Last week we make a quick trip to Chicago and attended Bob's brother Lee's 60 th birthday party.  We also had a barbecue at Jane and Ben's and took the architectural boat trip on the river in Chicago and on Lake Michigan. We shot some fabulous pictures of that which I will post in a couple of days. Of all of the time I lived and have visited Chicago I don't know why I never took that trip. It was so cool.

First for the 60th birthday party. I was tied up in the visit and didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked.  That seems to happen a lot but I am trying to get better with having the camera ready.  Maria had an Italian dinner catered in. I did't get a picture of it but Mary Ann made a bouquet of suckers that said"60 sucks."  It was really cute. Mary Ann also put an album together with old photos and writings from Lee's family and friends.  It was really sweet and I know he will cherish that for the rest of his life. Note that the cake was outlined with eclaires. Yummy!  It was a very nice party.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Cool cake and I love that idea with the lollys. Have a great weekend!
Blessings, Joanne