Saturday, September 1, 2012

While in Chicago Jane and Ben had a barbecue.  They invited family from the Chicago area which included my brother and his family, Ben's parents and my nephew Matt and his family.  They also invited several of their friends.  This was nice because it has been a long time since I have seen some of them and some I have never met. It was such a pleasant evening and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
The photo immediately below is my niece Lisa with my son-in-law Ben grilling pineapple.  Lisa marinated the pineapple in Rum with some brown sugar and cinnamon.  It was absolutely delicious served warm with a scoop of ice cream.

1 comment:

Maria C said...

OMG! That pineapple sounds like it's to die for! I've grilled pineapple before, but I never put anything on it. I'm going to try it with rum and brown sugar next time. Love this!