Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No, I have never been to Gunung Leuser National Park in Sumatra Indonesia but our friends Gill and Dave recently visited there.  They said it was the trip of a life time EVER.  After skyping with them they shared many details of the trip and they spoke with such excitement that I think they convinced me to put in on my bucket list of places to go.  The orangutans average five feet tall and it is hard to imagine them swinging from branches so high up. They told us that one of the orangutans approached one of the guides and unzipped his backpack, took out the food and threw the back pack up in the trees.  That really amused me and the stories just kept coming. We laughed and laughed. What an adventurous vacation!

1 comment:

Maria C said...

How wonderful for your friends! It sounds like a beautiful place!