Wednesday, October 14, 2015

About a month ago my Aunt Geneva passed away.  She was 91.  May she rest in peace. Aunt Geneva was the last sibling in my Dad's family.  One of the sweetest memories I have of her is when I was a young girl in the 7th grade I had to walk a mile to school.  I struggled with walking due to having Polio when I was four years old.  Many times my Aunt would just happen to be driving by my school and offer to drive me home.  She really had a big heart and I will never forget that about her.

Bob had appointments he needed to keep so I drove to Lafayette Indiana for the funeral and to spend some time with family.  I stayed with Tim and Linda.  Tim has had about five open heart surgeries and has also been fighting cancer for the past seven years.  He has been having a very difficult time with treatment and I wanted to spend some time with him.  The picture below is my brother Tim, my brother Stan and his Grand-daughter Reah.  That was the first time meeting Reah.  She is so precious.
Seventeen hours is a long way to drive by myself.  I stayed near St. Louis with my son-in-law Rob's sister Carrie.  I just love her.  Not only did I not have to go to a hotel by myself but I got to visit and spend time with Carrie.  On the way home we went to a near by Cajun Restaurant "Who Dat."

Even though Bob is doing really well I was concerned about leaving him home alone.  He is not able to cook for himself but he can warm things in the microwave.  The kids were very gracious and had Bob to dinner almost every night.  When I called Bob he would tell me of things he was doing at home and I think even though he missed me he was excited about his independence.


No comments: