Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Trip To Romania

Every once in a while things happen to us that are not planed. Romania! I would have never dreamed nor have I ever thought of going to Romania. What a nice surprise! I would consider it sort of an untouched part of Europe. There are tourists but it is not as though you are going to crowed touristy places in for example Italy, France, England, Ireland, or Germany. But is rich in history, picturesque, it hold images of Sheppards with their sheep, goats, cattle and horses with no fences surrounding the properties. One can not drive any place where the homes are not painted in beautiful pastels complementing each other. There are old forts or castles all over the country side built hundreds of years ago. The hotels are reasonably priced especially for Europe. We enjoyed the wonderful goats cheese, the sweet taste of the tomatoes and different blends of Romanian food. They even have their own wine country. Most of all we enjoyed the friendly hospitality of the people of Romania.

3 comments:

Angela2932 said...

I'm so glad you're posting more of your Romania photos! YOu have some very fascinating captures in these, and some great perspectives, vivid colors. And I love travelogues! (But I love travel more:) )

Maria said...

Now you've gone and done it, Barb. I think I need to add Romania to my bucket list!

Barb said...

Thanks,
I have enjoyed posting these photos and if you ever go there or not at least you will have an idea of the beauty of the country.