Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Bonus Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday. This is a bonus birthday because a year and half ago I had open heart surgery. Thankfully to God and my surgeon I am still here.

My kids had a dinner party for me Saturday evening. They did everything. All I had to do was go there. They had a wonder pasta dinner and invited family and friends. They showered me with gifts. One of the gifts was a collapsible cart. I struggle with carrying in my groceries because of a weakness in my foot and leg due to having Polio when I was a girl. What a wonderful thing. It is going to simplify the grocery task and other chores immensely. It was a great party. Thanks kids and thank you Bob for always being there for me.

When ready to leave I filled the cart with the birthday gifts, picked up my cane, (which I use when I go out to keep from falling on non level surfaces) walked across the room and thought "I probably must seem really old to my Grand kids." But, I feel so young at heart and in spirit. In reality I'm not old. I am starting over again. It is only my second bonus birthday. Thanks to God who made it possible.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Happy, happy birthday, Barb! You have enough energy and enthusiasm to make a 20-year-old envious! As far as your grandchildren, they are so lucky to have such a cool grandma. You have given them enough memories to last them a lifetime - and are still going strong! Go Barb!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....