Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bob and I extend our deepest thanks to our daughter Jane for inviting us to Portugal. Little did we know it would leave such a huge impression. It was so wonderful to be able to spend the unforgettable time with her especially since we do not get to see her often.

I spent several weeks posting some of my favorite pictures of Portugal. In the process of being there and reviewing the photos I think I fell in love with Portugal and hope we can return someday. It would be a great place to go during July and August while it is the hottest time of the year in Texas. It wasn't just one thing in particular but everything. The weather, the sea shore, the scenery, the homes and buildings, how well kept the country is, the artful tile on the buildings, the history, the restaurants, the castles, how laid back everyone is, and how wonderful the people are. There is so much more for us to see and do. Portugal is still calling for us.

1 comment:

Maria said...

It does sound like you had a marvelous time! Sometimes a place just clicks and you feel a unique connection. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go! Kudos to Jane for thinking of you. I'm sure that a large part of the pleasure you derived was due to being able to spend time with her. A wonderful trip all around!