Friday, August 27, 2010

I will leave my postings of Barcelona with these images of Sagrada Familia. This church under construction is privately funded. They began working in 1882 and is expected to be complete in 2026. I find this amazing! This is considered the master-work of Spanish architect Antoni Gaudi (1852-1926). A portion of the building's interior is scheduled to open for tours and worship by September 2010. The church will be proclaimed and consecrated a Basilica by Pope Benedict XVI on November 7, 2010.

Thank you Jane for sharing your photos of Barcelona. As I posted these photos I almost felt as though I visited there.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I had never seen closeups of this church. It is fascinating! I don't quite know what to think of it, but I'd definitely love to see it! I'm going to have to read up on it because it seems conceived in the gothic style but it has some strange elements, and I'm sure everything has a meaning. Thank you for posting these!