Tuesday, February 1, 2011

After the most beautiful weekend of sunshine and 74 degree weather, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area is paralyzed with ice, snow, high winds and extreme cold temperatures. It started last night with ice first then snow. Bob is working from home today and schools and many businesses are closed. We are not equipped to take care of the road conditions because this happens so rarely that it is not worth having the equipment such as what people have in the north. Most of us stay at home but I am concerned that my son John is driving from Austin to home in North Richland Hills today. I would rather he stay there until conditions are safe.

This morning on TV I saw two buses behind a sand truck going from Los Colinas to Arlington. The buses were carrying the Green Bay Packers in preparation for the Super Bowl.

I don't know if you can tell from the photo below but the wind is so fierce that it is blowing huge waves on the lake. I saw a group of little birds flying then pulled down by the winds and swirled around like a cyclone right next to the water. Somehow they regained control of their flight and continued on.

We have a lot of family in Chicago and in the northern states. Look out! It's coming to you and I am sure it will be with the domino effect.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh, yeah. It's definitely here! Ditto to everything you said. I detest winter!