Sunday, February 13, 2011

You may have noticed I have a song displayed on this blog in the upper right hand corner that you can click on to hear. It is a song that I wrote and recorded inspired by my love for my husband. The lyrics express my love using analogies of feelings. The feeling when you see the beauty of God's creation, a thrill you may get from an accomplishment, or from something you do or see.

This song is my valentine's message to my husband who I have been married to for the past almost 25 years. He has been my inspiration, my support, and has brought me more happiness than I thought possible.

"Those Are the Feelings I Have For You"

Like the rhythm of the evening tide
The thrill of a roller coaster ride
Like the warmth from the sunshine
The first to cross the line

Like the smell of a flower
How the clock strikes every hour
Like the softness of the rain drops
The harvest of the farmer's crops

Those are the feelings I have for you
Feelings, words can't express my love so true

Like a baby's first cry
The chill from a breeze passing by
Like the feeling from the first snow
Waking sounds of the rooster's crow

Like the beauty of the mountains
The water flowing from the fountains
Like the stars shinning in the night
How the moon reflects its light

Those are the feelings I have for you
Feelings, words can't express my love so true

2 comments:

Maria said...

Barb: I loved the song! I think it's one of my favorites from your repertoire! It has a bit of a haunting quality and I loved the imagery you used! You'll have your Bobio eating out of the palm of your hand with this one!

Angela2932 said...

Beautiful song, Barb! Bobio must feel like a king, the way you treat him! And that really is a fantastic photo of the two of you.