Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today is Angie's birthday.  Angie and her brother Robert came into my life a little over 26 years ago.  Angie was eight and Robert was ten.  It was a challenge blending the two families together.  I shared mothering responsibilities for Angie and Robert as well as Bob shared fathering responsibilities for my three kids.  I can't imagine being 8 years old and someone telling me I was going to be living with my Dad and someone I hardly knew.  I think about that often. And I think about how it must have felt for all of the kids to be placed in one combined family group.  But somehow, through the years the love between Bob and I grew and so did the love between all of us. I can't imagine it any other way.  We have been very blessed.

Happy Birthday Angie.  We all love you very much.


3 comments:

Joanne said...

Awww this made me almost cry! How beautiful that you all were able to grow as a family!
Blessings, Joanne

Maria said...

You guys have made an amazing family! Happy birthday to Angie!

Angela2932 said...

I have such a beautiful niece, and beautiful sister-in-law!