Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I don't know what I was expecting when we drove a couple of hours from Dublin to Belfast to take the Black Taxi Tour but I was disturbed.  Even though I have read and seen many things regarding the uprisings in Ireland, being there made it more realistic.  Our guide would stop the taxi periodically and hop in the back with us and very passionately tell stories of innocent people who were shot and killed just because they were Catholic.
The Protestants are more loyal to Great Britain while the Catholics want to be independent from England and more loyal to Ireland.
The song that kept running through my head was "What the World Needs Now Is Love, Sweet Love" it's the only thing that there's just too little of. Things are better now than they used to be and hopefully conditions will continue to get better.
(to see all Belfast photos click older posts at the end of the page)

No comments: