Saturday, January 9, 2010

The American Legend, Willie Nelson

Last night we went to a Willie Nelson concert at Billie Bob's at the Stock Yards in Ft. Worth TX. I have never been to one of his concerts but through the years have enjoyed many songs that he has sung like Georgia, Crazy, You Are Always On My Mind, and I could go on and on. Willie at the age of 77 is unbelievable. His performance is still strong and very entertaining. I think even more than his singing I was stricken by the excellence and the style of his guitar playing.

What an encouragement to seniors who think they are too old to continue entertaining. As long as you have the ability, go for it.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I first heard Willie Nelson when he recorded with Julio Iglesias that song "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" - remember that? After that I was hooked.

Barb said...

To Maira,
Julio Iglesias is one of my all time favorite singers. Yes, that song "To All the Girls Ive Loved Before" is unforgetable. I would love to sing a duet with Julio. Well, a girl can dream.