Friday, March 11, 2011

While watching the horrible images on TV about the earthquake in Japan I turned my head and looked out my window. The white pelicans are back. I always get very excited when I see the beautiful white pelicans. They are almost as beautiful as the swan. They were across the lake and I had to zoom in. I wish I could get a closer photo but they seem to keep their distances. It is so strange how in one part of the world there is such turmoil and in my little world right now it is so peaceful, in which I give thanks. We pray for those poor people in Japan.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, Barb! I've been having similar thoughts. I hear the cardinals that nest on the tree by our bedroom window, and I wake up with a smile on my face. The first thing I do, is go to the window and see if I can spot them . . . and then I read the latest news from Japan . . . it's so awful! God help those poor people!

Joanne said...

I pray and pray, and I thank God for small miracles. I cannot imagine the utter despair. thanks for posting such a lovely picture. Blessings, Joanne