Friday, September 23, 2011

Casey's Mustache Bash

My daughter-in-law Casey's birthday was actually last month but she wanted to wait and celebrate until several of her relatives from New York were coming to visit. She had a Mustache Bash for her family. She asked Joy and I to make a mustache cake. If I might critique it a little bit, I wish we would have placed it on a white decorative pastry type paper with a more colorful frosting for her name. Then it would have been perfect because it was very moist and delicious. We also made some white cup cakes. Casey's house is very small and she was hoping to have it outside. Who would have thought it would rain after the drought we have had all summer. But as always we just make things work when we have to. We had fun and a lot of laughs. Casey had wonderful Italian pasta and salad for dinner. I am sorry Anne, John D., and Diana I didn't get pictures of everyone. To see all of the pictures click on "older posts a couple of times."

1 comment:

Maria said...

The cake looks wonderful! Is there a mustache mold out there that I've never seen or did you shape it by hand? This is so cool!