Friday, January 27, 2012

Last night Bob was awakened suddenly with a crash and breaking sound.  I didn't hear it but was awakened by Bob getting up and turning the light on in the bathroom.  I have been keeping a doll for my daughter for the past 13 years.  The doll has always been propped up in a corner by the tub.  The tub comes up three inches above the tile. Being in the corner she seemed stable. We just can't figure out how the doll ended up on it's back at the other end of the tub.  It's leg was broken to pieces with white sand-like pebbles surrounding it and the hat fell off.  It is as though she jumped.  Did we have an earthquake?  I checked the internet and West Texas had a 3.6 earthquake 3 days ago but I doubt that had any effect on us. So, I'm not sure what prompted the movement.  The doll belonged to my son-in-law's mother before she passed away.  My daughter wanted to keep the doll and trusted it with me.  She felt it was safer with me as her children were growing up. After discussing this with Joy we decided to have the doll sitting with the dress over the broken leg and maybe later taking her to the doll hospital. The whole thing is just strange.

2 comments:

Maria said...

How weird! I hope the doll can be repaired!

Brent said...

Tapio is haunting you.