Sunday, December 19, 2010

In search of a warm paradise Bob and I drove to South Padre Island TX. It is just that and we had the island nearly to ourselves. Why? I would be surprised if there were more than a half dozen people in our hotel. The hotel had specials for dinner for under 10.00 and the food was delicious. They offer very affordable packages if you stay for a week or even a month. I am sure the other hotels offer similar deals. It seemed to be nearly a ghost town. There were very few people driving in the streets. I am not a fan of crowds so I loved it. But I still keep wondering why there were so few people. The weather was perfect. I really think more people should take advantage of not having to leave the country to be in beautiful and warm place. Especially Texans and some of the close surrounding states where one can drive. We are planning to make South Padre an annual destination and next time we hope to stay a week or two.

1 comment:

Maria said...

How fun! Was this an unexpected vacation? Oh, that's right! Robert is now a man of leisure . . . LOL! This sounds wonderful but I can't imagine being able to get away so close to Christmas, even if this gorgeous place was nearby. Good for you!