Friday, June 12, 2015

Catching Up!

I have a lot of catching up to do!  I am going to try and put into sequence the things that have happened in the past few weeks and soon I will post some pictures.  I caught a virus that lead to a sinus infection and have had a cough for about five weeks. I am just now getting over it. Even though there has been a lot going on I have had very little energy.  I guess a sinus infection will do that to you. Hopefully this will explain the void in my posts.

Our friends Joe and Char from Chicago came for a visit for a weekend before we went to Chicago.  It was great to spend time with them. We have had a lot of company since Bob had his stroke.  It has been so appreciated because until last month traveling for us was not an option.

The week before we went to Chicago we were informed our daughter Angie had melanoma.  From birth she had a mole on the top of her foot.  It was itching and oozing.  When she had it looked at they found that she had melanoma. They did surgery and we waited a few days to make sure it had not spread through the lymph nodes.  It did not spread and we were so thankful and relieved.  They grafted some skin to place over the top of the open wound.  The mole was pretty large and they dug very deep and wider than the actual mole in hopes to get it all.  As of now, the skin graft did not take but the doctor said it is healing from the bottom up.  This will cause a slower healing time.  Angie's boss is allowing her to work part time from home.  I think this will make the recovery much easier for her since she now has other things to think about.

After that, we drove to Chicago to see our daughter Jane graduate from college.  She went four years to college but never got her degree.  She changed her major and needed more credits.  She got a very good job so she put school off until now.  She didn't want to make a big deal about it but we are very proud of her.  She is a mother, works and has a lot of responsibility for work outside her regular hours. It was not an easy task for her and she was on the Dean's list the whole time and graduated with honors. While in Chicago we had a little dinner and invited some relatives and a few friends to celebrate our anniversary.  Bob and I celebrated 29 years of marriage.  It was also Mother's Day.  We thought we would leave the following Monday but I became so sick I went to the doctor there and was in bed for about a week. Unfortunately when we left my daughter, her husband and son got sick.  I felt so bad.  I have not been this sick in years.  Bob did get it but I was very happy it wasn't too bad and only a few days.
The trip to Chicago was the first time we had gone anywhere since Bob's stroke.  Bob did very well with the traveling.  We only drove 5 to 6 hours per day to make it easier and to get out and stretch.

Bob's niece Joyce graduated from high school a couple of weeks after we left. I wish we could have been there.

Since we have been home Bob has had a lot of therapy, doctor visits and both of us have become very active at the rec center.  I usually walk in the water for exercise while Bob has found some machines that work for him. He also walks.

Tomorrow we are having a small family party for Bob.  He is turning 60.  I will post pictures of that later.  


No comments: