Sunday, October 5, 2014

Our thanks to Helen and Rick who installed some grab bars and a new shower head in our home to prepare for Bob to come home.  Also thanks to Rob and John who are have been working on our broken gate and in the yard.  It is really hard to ask for help but sometimes you just have to.  We are so grateful for wonderful family and friends who have been so supportive.

Bob is well on his way to recovery.  He has been through so much and at first it was hard to believe he would get to even this point.  We have had a lot of faith and Bob has been persistent in working very hard. Much of his encouragement has come from the support of everyone and all of your prayers.  Thank you so much.

I also want to thank Rick for putting my new very large art easel together. I am really looking forward to using it for my larger paintings.  I am pretty sure I could not have done that myself.  I finally see an opportunity to get back to my art even though there will still be daily schedules involving things that Bob will need help with. I am just so excited he will be home and we can finish these things together.

Joy and Brooke came in today.  Brooke played some Mancala with Bob.  Joy cut Bob's hair and he looks really nice.

Tomorrow Bob will be practicing getting in and out of the car.  Today he walked a lot without a brace.  He also jumped.

The picture below is of Helen and Rick showing off the new shower head and pretending to be taking a shower.  Or, were they pretending?




No comments: