Saturday, August 16, 2014

This is going to be a quick review of the day.  I can't believe how exhausted I am!

They say there will be good days and bad days.  Bob had a very good day today.  I fed him breakfast and dinner for the first time.  He did very well.  Of course they are still feeding him intravenously to insure he will get everything he needs.  Tomorrow he will feed himself.  Bob said he enjoyed just having food in his mouth to taste after only having ice chips for so long.

They may move him out of ICU tomorrow.  I am so happy.  He had a few visitors and he is always so happy to see his friends and family. I can't express enough how it brightens his day.  He doesn't say a lot but he is totally there. (unless he drifts off to sleep)  He remembers everything. All of the nurses marvel at his sharpness.  So thank you for those visits, those email, those messages and texts.  I may not get back to you right away but I will eventually.  I am so touched and so is Bob.

Please continue to hope and pray for Bob's swelling to go down in his brain. I was told it takes time and everyone heals differently.  

No comments: