Friday, September 19, 2014

Please excuse me if some of my frustration shows through in my blog but I have been bringing updates on Bob through my point of view.  I hope some of this will help others realize that if something major happens to your spouse or member of your family you will be somewhat prepared. I think we all need to dig into our policies to see what our coverage is and when open enrollment comes around one might want to make changes.  Also, couples need to at least know the other's jobs in the household so the other can take over when something happens.  This is so important because not only the new responsibilities of being there for the person who is sick or injured but all responsibilities have suddenly been added to your list. It is overwhelming.  So, Bob when you get well you are going to learn to cook.

All of these details will be worked out and we are going to be OK.  It is a day by day process.  They are trying to keep Bob at the hospital another week.  I really hope they are able to do that.

It sounds as though Bobs PT was much the same yesterday but more intense.  He is doing so well.  I have so much respect for his therapists, nurses and techs.  They are absolutely wonderful and dedicated.

Thanks yesterday to Dave who brought Spring Creek Barbecue and for your visit and for your friendship.
Also thanks to Andrew and Bob's other co-workers who stopped by that missed Bob but left a note.  There may be others that I don't know about.

Thanks to Helen who has been going with me to check out skilled home and rehab facilities.  She has done this before and her husband has been in bio med for over 35 years.  She has questions that I would never have thought to ask.

Thanks to Angie, John, Casey, and John D. who came up last night. It means so much to Bob and I.  Also thanks to Rob and Joy who took care of our house by mowing the lawn and taking care of the yard.  Thank you Joy for the things you did in the house and for the card and flowers.  What a wonderful thing to come home to.  I know I am biased but I have the best kids in the world.


1 comment:

Joanne said...

Oh Nooo... I have been away a long time! I am sorry this has happened!
Blessings and prayers, Joanne